Are You a Highly Sensitive Person – Type Three?
Let’s look at the third type of “Highly Sensitive Person.”
Books and articles about HSPs tend to lump all types of sensitivity into one description and so you can end up confused, feeling like you don’t quite belong anywhere.
If you’re a highly sensitive person, you may find other people just don’t understand your experience.
You need to know you are SO not alone! In fact, there are many others like you.
And it’s even more important for you to know that you can transform this inner challenge into a deep power!
Let’s see if you’re this third type of HSP. You probably are if:
- You love to stay up late at night and feel it’s your most creative time.
- You believe you may have mild dyslexia or else just feel your brain works differently than other people’s.
- You have an interest in shamanism, or mediumship, or magic.
- You feel things more deeply than others do but you rarely talk about your inner feelings.
- If you get lost, you may choose to drive around a while to get your bearings rather than look at a map.
- You love to soak in the bathtub.
- You tend to base your decisions on an inner knowing that you can’t explain to other people.
- You have seen or sensed ghosts or other beings.
- You don’t like brightly-lit environments; you prefer mood lighting or candles in the dark.
- You’ve had a prophetic dream or you feel like you get messages in your dreams.
- You’ve had an experience that seemed like someone who’d died was visiting you.
- You’ve had lower back pain or achy joints, or have injured a joint at some point in your life.
- You fear that if you fully opened to your psychic ability, you’d be overwhelmed and not be able to turn it off.
- You can lose track of time or have a tendency to frequently be late.
Type Three: The “Intuitive Empath”
If you said “yes” to two or more of the qualities listed above, it’s likely that you’re the type of Highly Sensitive Person that I call the “Intuitive Empath.”
Unlike the previous two types of HSPs, your sensitivity is not about what’s going on with the energy around you.
In fact, this kind of sensitivity has nothing to do with the external world. Instead, it has to do with:
1 – The internal world. This type of HSP has a powerful inner intuitive voice, that if they listen well, can be guide for them.
But they can often struggle to know what’s their imagination and what’s a true intuitive message.
2 – The “other side.” People with this sensitivity are naturally more open to communication with people who have passed, or even other kinds of unseen beings.
But packaged with this deep other-worldly sensitivity are frequent feelings of fear. For instance, fear that they will have no control over the visits from spirits, or will have to know about terrible events in advance.
But there ARE ways you can learn to live successfully if you have this kind of sensitivity, to have complete control over how open you are at any particular moment.
This is the gift that Chinese medicine gives us, through the less well known aspects of its spiritual side.
Face and birth date reading reveals the patterns that explain why you are this way, and what you can do to move beyond all your challenges with your sensitivity.
In fact, you can have more than one type of sensitivity – You may even have all three, in different measures.
This is what you learn in the Discover Your Inner Design workshop.
And if you can’t make it, there are two retreats this summer that teach you how to clear the energy of people and places, and manage your energetic boundaries:
When I was in my 20s, I discovered that I’m a highly sensitive person and it was a revelation to me – It explained so much about why I had the challenges I experienced in all aspects of my life.
I spent the next 30 years on a journey to transform what had seemed like a terrible weakness into a powerful ability to work with energy. My next book is all about how to do this for yourself – So while an in-person workshop is always the BEST way to learn – Stay tuned for the book as well!